Kevin and I recently went to Maui with our friends Jason and Noelle; We always have so much fun with them. We spent our days exploring the Island. The First day in Maui we decided to go to Haleakala National park and watch the sunrise atop the Volcano. The Sunrise was amazing however it was extremely cold on the top of the Volcano , before the sun came up it was below freezing. Yes! it was that cold (and of course I did not pack a sweater or long pants who would needs those in Hawaii? ? ?)
The road to Hana… What is the Road to Hana you ask the best way I can describe it is a long twisty road with lots of narrow bridges and and waterfalls all the way, You don't drive he road to get to Hana, you drive the road to Hana for the scenery? (How is that for a definition?)
We spent rest of our days exploring the island and of course Snorkeling. I have always wanted to snorkel Molokini Crater. So on our anniversary Kevin took me. I love to snorkel if the sea is calm, I could swim with the fish all day. Or better yet I could just lay on a nice warm beach listening to the waves brake. Have I mentioned I love the beach!
Blowhole… What is a blowhole you ask? The official definition - Air passage leading from a sea cave to the cliffs above. Every time a wave rushes into the cave, increased pressure forces water up and out through the opening, causing a spurt of water to appear on the cliff top.
This picture cracks me up this is what happens when you get to close to a blowhole…
Maui Fun!
7 comments:
Mālō ē lelei!!!
I am so, so jealous of your little trip to heaven on earth! Hawaii is such a beautiful magical place, Im glad you guys had a good time! I love the blow hole pictures!
On a day like today...colder than usual...Hawaii looks so good! Glad you had a fun trip.
Beautiful pics James!! I hope someday I can experience Hawaii. I would have WAY too much fun taking pictures!!!
Great pics! Love the digi scrapping. You should teach me someday!
What are you talking about?? Your pictures are awesome! Oh, wait, I noticed there aren't very many underwater pics! HA! K, so I love how you posted the pictures! You really need to show me how you do that. I hate using Slide, but it's the only way I know how without making my post so freaking long. And, yes, we need to get together soon! Tell Kevin to talk to Jason again about going to the cabin. I would be so perfect right now in the fall cause then we can build a fire in the fire place and just have a blast!
looks like you had fun! Love all the pictures. I wish right now I was somewhere warm!
Hi Jamie. Just wanted to tell you that you and Jodi were great trainers. Thanks for putting up with our class. I know you were frustrated at times. Training was great! Also your pups are adorable! Take Care!!
Post a Comment