The question of the day seems to be where you were when the Twin Towers and our nation's capital were attacked. I was working at American Express it was my first day back to work after my wedding. As I walked into the office I remember seeing my coworker's huddled in groups crying. I asked one of my coworkers what was going on, and that moment I remember feeling so alone and lost, I was stuck in a moment of wondering what is happening. I called Kevin, and told him to go to the store and get supplies; I called my mom and dad they were in Texas eating breakfast with my grandpa Jimmy. There was this huge sense over me that I wanted/needed to make sure my family was safe although I knew they were not near where the attacks had taken place. That evening driving home, it seemed so surreal; the sky seemed so quite. . . It felt as if the world just stood still.
I want to take this moment to thank all of those that have so selflessly given to protect our freedom, and those who are still abroad fighting for our rights. God Bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment