Sunday, April 17, 2011

2nd Trimester. . .

And so it continues… My pregnancy journal that is. There is a lot that I have included on this little journal that I would usually never include on my blog… But I have said it before and I will say it again I think of my blog as my journal I just so happen to let everyone read. So here we go… Warning its another long one.

Jan 3rd – Wahoo we are at 14 weeks, I am now defiantly in my second trimester. Here is hoping the morning sickness goes away. And I swear over the past weekend this little baby has popped out; my tummy is rounder and Fuzzy like a peach…

Jan 4th – Oh the joys of puking at my desk at work. Nothing like grabbing the garbage can liner and running to the bathroom… Only to be greeted by the security guy waiting for me to come out to make sure everything was ok and offer to call someone for me… I will laugh about this someday, Just not today!

Jan 5th – Babymoon…Bermuda here we come… Here is hoping I can keep everything down on the plane ride. I really don’t want to puke on the plane…

P1090200

Jan 5th-10th -  Babymoon in Bermuda.. The good news is that I only got really sick once… and it was so stormy while we were there that Kevin and I just relaxed in our hotel room. Ahh……. Just what we needed, a little R&R. (Who knew that Bermuda in January would be cold)

Jan 12th – 15 week apt, everything looks perfect. Baby is measuring right on target with a great heartbeat. Dr. J tried really hard to find the gender but our little stink was not giving it up he/she is very modest. We did see a perfect little foot move past the screen… (Oh how I am in love with that foot). I love going to my Dr. apt, I feel so lucky to have a Dr. that does ultrasounds at every apt. it gives me so much peace.

Jan 14th – Ok so now not only do I pee my pants when I puke, but now I get bloody noses too… I am a hot mess!  (I am adding this to my journal because I know there will be a day when I laugh about this… But today I am just going to sit next to the toilet and cry).

Jan 15th – Pineapple… Where can a girl get a good pineapple in Utah in mid January. Eating has become such a chore (Wow I would never thought I would have typed that), its true nothing seems good anymore… I find myself eating just so I don’t get sick… everything I crave, I cant seem to get. I thought when you were pregnant you were supposed to be hungry or at least like some food… I would just skip it if I could.

Jan 28th – Stomach Flu… After being threatened (in the nicest way) by  Dr. J that I would need to go and get an IV for fluids due to dehydration. I finally broke down and took the darn Zofran… WOW that stuff works; For those of you that don’t know, Zofran is a medicine they give pregnant ladies to help with vomiting or people on Chemo (really and this is safe if you are preggers? I am just sayin) … They say its safe but I have had this stance on taking medicine that I will not take something for my comfort, All though they say its safe, is it safe enough for my baby?  I know I sound over protective, I just did not want to do anything that would hurt the little nugget. Lesson learned - I should I have just started taking it when it was prescribed to me… I will admit I was wrong. 

Feb 6th – Making room for baby… Bring on the cleaning spree. Good Bye spare bedroom/Catch all room and Hello Nursery. ( Dun Dun Dun… I can not believe I am posting a picture of my messy Spare bed room).

P1290224After post to come….

Feb 9th – 20 week Apt…  While sitting in the waiting room Kevin and I were debating, if Dr. J can tell the sex do we have her tell us or do we wait and find out at the party. Finally Kevin looked over at me and said “Jamie can we have one thing that’s just ours” (um of course)… So on the six month anniversary of my dads passing Kevin and I were able to find out we were going to have a little girl who will be named after my dad (Charlie) and Kevin’s mom (Lynnette)… Charly Lynn Pickett  this was our moment on such a hard day to have a moment of joy, is something I will forever cherish.

Feb 11thWhat’s it gonna bee! Today is the day of our Gender reveal Party. I received a lot of guff from people about having this party (mainly people I work with) but I am so happy we did it, It was a great time to come together as a family and enjoy the blessings of life! It’s a Girl (Just in case you did not read Feb 9th {Wink, Wink}).

Feb 12th – 22nd – Southern Caribbean cruise.

P2130029

Feb 23rd – Its official… I lost my Feet and Ankles some where between St. Thomas and Dominica.

Feb 24th – I had the stomach flu Back in Jan and since then I have had this horrible pain in my left rib cage and while we were on the cruise It seemed to be getting worse… I decided to go to the Dr. and it turns out all those months of Morning sickness followed by the Stomach flu, I tore the muscles that go between my ribs… (Well That explains the pain) and it was made worse on the cruise as I was more active… BUT the meds the would give you to help with this are not recommend for Pregnant woman… So Its just rest for me!

Feb 26th – Yeah!! We finally Found Charly’s Crib; after searching what seemed everywhere we found the crib and dresser at RC Willey’s go figure.

March 3rdFOOD… I have started to enjoy eating again, This is a good sign it means the morning sickness is gone finally at 22 weeks (Wahoo!! Happy dance). Eating is not such a chore and I am starting to feel normal (well somewhat; I now have the apatite of a high school football team YIKES!)

March 4th – I am pretty sure I have started having my first Braxton Hicks contractions. My belly will get really tight and Hard… they are painless and irregular (that’s a good sign).

March 7th – Today while sitting at work I felt Little Miss  moving all over my belly sure enough I looked down and I seen her move… Yes seen her move.. it was Crazy but awesome all at the same time… Love this little girl.

March 8th – My Back has been killing me to the point that I cant sleep at night and when I do fall asleep I get waken by the pain… After doing a little research online I found the Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow. Let Me just tell you this may have been the best purchase so far… Yeah I can finally get some sleep.

March 11th – I have been suffering from horrible back pain, after calling Dr. J and explaining where the pain was. It was decided that to be on the safe side they wanted to check out my Kidneys so they had me do a 24 hr. Urine analysis. Can anyone say Pee Jug.. Ha Ha! The good news is everything looked good and protein levels were normal. The bad news I still have a really sore back.

March 12th – Kevin has started Painting Charly’s room… Gee I am so excited.

March 19th – This week we have been in full Nursery mode, Kevin has been painting and putting up new molding; Charly’s little room is starting to look amazing. Kevin said the sweetest thing the other day, I was telling him I felt bad that I had not helped much he looked at me and said “I figure you are growing her, At least I can build her a room” Oh How I love that man!

March 21st – Its our Targeted Ultra sound. We invited Lynnette (Kevin’s Mom) and Vicki (My mom) and Mandee (My Sister-in-Law) to the Ultra sound it was so fun to experience this with everyone. Charly is growing perfect her little organs looked great, all four chambers of the heart looked good… And the best part we got to see our little miss in 4D, It was a amazing to have a sneak peak of what she is going to look like.

Untitled-2

March 25th – All I can say is my aching back… (Tear, Tear)

March 27th – Nothing like spending a lazy Sunday afternoon in bed… Kevin was finally able to see Charly moving. She was being so active it was awesome.

March 31st – Today was the first class of our birthing class… We learned breathing technics (Yes I plan on doing All of the pain management drugs, Its true I am a wimp!)

April 1st –  Who knew that registering for Baby items could be so overwhelming.   Kevin and I may or may not have had to take a break in the  glider section to rest our aching feet and my sore back.

April 4th – 27 weeks… My Belly Button is no longer a Innie, it's not an outtie either, it's more like a flattie.

April 7th – Today in our birthing class we learned about natural child (We are not in this category sign me up for the meds…) We also had a tour of Labor and delivery at Mc Kay- Dee. There was a little girl in the nursery  it made me so excited to meet our little Charly. Everything is starting to feel so real.…

April 11th – Well hello 3rd trimester…. I am starting to feel huge!

Facts About My Second Trimester…

Food I lOVED: Fruit, Skittles, Sherbet, anything that is lite and refreshing…

Food I HATED: Food has not been problem it has been Smells… Stinky shoes, Dirty Laundry, raw meat… YUCKY!

Total Weight gain: 14 LBS YIKES!

No comments: