In an effort to jump start my Christmas spirit this year; I asked my mom to help me make Candy. If you were lucky enough to know my grandma Leavitt then you know she was known for her delicious candy, It was a tradition I grew up with and I always new it was Christmas when I walked into her house and the smell of Chocolate field the air. Of course my mom was more than happy to help and before I knew my small batch of peanut butters and mints turned into 10lbs of caramel and 25lbs of chocolate. In all we made orange sticks, lemon, raspberry, turtles, mints, nougats and Peanut butters. I have no idea exactly how many we made, I can tell you it was a lot. I had so much fun making the candy and I look forward to making it again next year, this is a tradition that I defiantly want Charly to know.
Mandee and Montana making Centers
Charly and Grandma Vicki making mints
We even recruited Lynnette (Grandma Pickett) To help dip!
Montana and I playing Candy shop; Yes she was my apprentice… (Scary picture, but this is what you like after almost 18hrs of Chocolate making)
1 comment:
Super fun!! (& yummy!) But, what is Miss Charly doing on the counter!?! I think the first line on your seat says "DANGER...don't use on an elevated surface"! j/k =)
Post a Comment